Windy havoc




Are you as fed up with this wind and rain as I am? Every day the wind has been howling and the rain lashing down, and it's causing all sorts of mischief. 

On Sunday Todd the horse was in the paddock for the last day of his spring visit, and got spooked by wind. He barged the paddock gate and the whole thing snapped under his weight, taking out a huge fence post with it. I was in the house and heard the almighty crack then spotted something in my back garden that shouldn't be there...


I've been stuck in the house for long periods of time over the last couple of weeks and I think I've got a bit of cabin fever. I won't drive when it is very windy as I dislike the way the car snakes around the road. I also won't walk around in it, as it makes me unsteady on my feet and one nasty fall and hospital visit is enough (did I blog about that??). So I haven't even been out in the garden to tidy up, meaning I've completely failed on one of my 20 for 2020 goals for February, which was to get out in the garden for 20 minutes a day. I was hopeful of being able to clean up the patio beds today though; when I went out to do the chickens this morning it was windless and sunny. It's now just gone 9am and the sun has gone, the rain clouds have moved in and the wind had picked up again. Arrrggghhhhh.....


Missy doesn't care a jot. She has turned from a timid cat that wouldn't go far from the back door before Christmas to a confident roamer of the property. The wind and rain do not bother her at all, there's too much exciting stuff to explore, and getting her in proves difficult sometimes. Previously she used to prowl the house in the evening, creating mischief and annoying Georgie because of her pent up energy. Now she's tuckered out of an evening, and likes nothing better than to sit on her chair by the fire. Glad someone is enjoying themselves in this weather.

It's a cat's life isn't it 😁

1 comment

  1. With the weather being so bad, I don't think you should feel too bad about not being in your garden for 20 mins each day in Feb.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog