My newest friend



Everyone, meet Todd. Todd, meet everyone.

No, don't worry, I've not gone and bought a horse, I've borrowed one from my neighbour across the road. He's eaten all the grass in his paddock over there and I offered to let him graze our paddock down for a few weeks.

Anything to get out of cutting the grass. 😂

Doesn't he look handsome - he's 25 years old this year, which makes him a very senior horse. You wouldn't think it to see him frisking around.

However, some areas he's really rucking up, notably the area near the gate. At the moment, Todd is only grazed in the morning to restrict his grass intake and prevent colic, so around 1pm he goes over to the gate and pads around waiting for his owner to come and get him.



After he's gone, I've decided it is time to get someone in to harrow, overseed and roll the paddock. A combination of molehills, thatch and settlement has meant it is turning into rolling hills and valleys but first the grass needs taking right back. The ride-on lawnmower won't be able to cope with the lumps and bumps but Todd has no such issue.

I didn't have too much grass after all. I just had a horse deficiency 😁


3 comments

  1. He is gorgeous! I am not sure I would give him back.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I still cannot access any of the comments. Yours is the only blog I am signed up to where this happens. Such a shame as I really enjoy your blog and would love to be part of the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I know that sometimes it can happen because of browser incompatibility with the aspect of blogger. Try a different browser and see if it still happens (just in case you can't read this, I will mention it on my next post). Steel

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog