Life bulldozed me a tad

Sorry I haven't been back here for while.


I got a serious case of the blahs in April. 


Then I took action to get myself out of the blahs and slid into a new, much more highly paid job when a colleague left. 


Then just when things were looking good my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer in Mid-July and died August Bank Holiday weekend. She had a dormant cancer, where a few rogue cells from her 'cured' tumour 30 years ago lodged quietly in one of her ribs and then spread by stealth. She went into hospital to have something else sorted and a routine scan showed it was everywhere. COVID restrictions meant she spent a lot of time in hospital and a hospice without being allowed visitors, but they let us in to see her one last time the night before she passed away.


I'm grateful mum didn't suffer on for years.  I'm grateful we had another 30 years with her. 


My head's a bit of a mess. My house is an even bigger mess. The garden is a travesty. The only things that aren't a mess is the job and our finances, although our savings this year have not been great. But I'm slowly pulling my socks up, pottering, accomplishing a little every day.


That's all I can do really. I'll get back into the swing of blogging soon and post some pictures of the flotsam and jetsam of the last six months.


Hope you're all doing ok and hanging on in there. 



6 comments

  1. Oh goodness what a terrible terrible time you have had. I had wondered where you were and missed your blogs. I even did a google search on you, as I was worried at one point the Covid had got you! So sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. As someone who has lived without a mother for 20 years, I truly know your pain. All you can do is put onevfoot in front of the other and not expect too much from yourself. Wishing you all the best from Brisbane, Australia. I look forward to reading your blogs again when you can find the energy and inspiration to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes Susan, I'm plodding slowly but surely forward, getting back into the swing of things.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. That’s a lot to have dealt with. Make sure to give yourself time to grieve & time to deal with your life changes.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog