Hugo gets a haircut





Hugo is my money tree, also know as a jade plant (crassula ovata), and is around 20 years old. He has been living in the utility room since we moved in and fairly neglected, as can be seen from the shocking number of pendulous branches. He gets a water every now and then, sometimes a feed, but really he's been left to his own devices. Money trees do thrive on a bit of neglect.

It wasn't until I got Urban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants by Igor Josifovic and Judith de Graff from the library I suddenly realised I had been horribly neglectful and needed to bring Hugo out where he could be admired. He lives in a funky copper pot that I found secondhand (I think, can't quite remember. I defo didn't buy it new) and I realised that couldn't be seen either.

So, today Hugo got a much needed haircut...the pile of trimmings was impressive.



I'm going to take a few to grow on for various windowsills around the house. Money plants root ridiculously easy so that's a nice easy way of getting more free plants. It's why you see thousands of them at car boot sales.

By the way, leading on from the Urban Jungle book is #urbanjungleblog on Instagram. Don't go on there unless you want to waste oodles of time gasping at beautiful houseplant arrangements and then fight multiple urges to spent lots of money on houseplants.

Case in point, within 48 hours of looking on Instagram I acquired a Mother-in-Law's Tongue (Sandsevieria) and a Devil's Ivy (Scindapsus).

Addictive. Very, very addictive. You have been warned ;)



No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog