Clothing snuffles



I haven't done a post about snuffles lately, but over the last 2-3 months I've found some lovely bargains.  I check out the charity shops in my local town (approximately 10) every 1-2 weeks. Once a week I also work from a hotel in a market town about 30 minutes away. It only has two charity shops but the quality of goods in one of them is excellent. They often are in wealthy rural market towns.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you some of the clothes I've found.

A new Morrison's dressing gown £4. My old black dressing gown was on its last legs and I had asked my mother for new one for either Christmas or my birthday, but black ones are not that easy to find. I wear black because Martin often talks about the dirty tea-stained dressing gowns he sees on his delivery when he knocks on doors with mail, so this way he can't see anything on me! It's very thick and warm. Super chuffed.

A bangle bracelet. This was a lovely addition to the summer wardrobe - for 50p.


A new Nine West Handbag £4.50. I know how much these cost so was gobsmacked to see this for such a low price.



A new Per Una Denim skirt £3. This replaces another denim skirt I had which has just given up on me. I will relegate the old one to the garden when I've patched the hole up.



A new Per Una skirt £3. Was delighted to come across this one. I had this skirt and wore it to pieces so I outed it a year ago. Yay, I have one of my favourite skirts back!



New Next kitten heels £3. I've been searching for a pair of low heels for a few months, as my others are high heels and not always suitable.


Clarks ankle boots £5. Not new but hardly worn judging from the soles


New John Partridge 80/20 Lambswool sweater £7.99 - for Martin.


Two scarves £2 the pair. Love the one with storks on!


There's been other things too but I forgot to photograph them before using them.

A new pair of Sainsbury's deck shoes £3
A new pair of Cotton Trader wedge mules £6.99
A new pair of Lee Cooper jeans £1- stunning find.
An immaculate black padded riding jacket £10
A Per Una rain jacket £6

I never cease to be surprised by the things people buy and never use.

But if it wasn't for people who unconsciously consume, where would us frugal types get our stuff? How would charities derive an important source of donations through selling used goods and services?


1 comment

  1. I had to learn frugality when my children were small as we had lots of money struggles at that time. The habit of charity shopping has never left me and I simply cannot go past a certain cost for a garment in my head. Over the years I have developed a keen eye for a good fit and a good bargain at charity shops. I often get much nicer clothes from there then I would if I chose to shop at the High Street, because there is more variety. I still cannot read anyones’ comments on this blog, but don’t appear to have this problem on other blogs. However, I am still enjoying reading about your tales of thrifty living. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog