Here we go again - sheep!



When I took our first lot of sheep to slaughter, I was unsure if I wanted to keep sheep again. I hadn't been very happy with the experience of keeping them - they were too boisterous, I kept getting bruised on their horns and the cats and chickens suffered, as did our bank balance. But, of course, in time those memories faded and inexplicably there was a gap in my life. And that's when I found myself in a field on a sunny Sunday afternoon loading three six month old wethers into a trailer.

So, say hello to our three male Welsh Mountain Badger-Face Torwens!

One of them has only been separated from his mother in the last couple of days so was doing a lot of shouting when we got there. Once transported here and the trailer door was down, he shot off with the other two and has been chewing lush grass solidly ever since without so much as a squeak.

My only concern is those long-tails - they are making me nervous, or more to the point, what lurks beneath them is making me nervous. We tried to look, with a view to giving them a clip and a wash if they were a bit mucky, but there was a mass break out of the pen in panic so we've shelved that idea for now.

A couple of weeks of bucket treats should get them used to us and make the process easier!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog