Love a bargain



Had a nice little surprise this morning.

My pension provider sent me a letter asking if I would confirm my email address and go paperless at the same time, and in return I would get a £5 M&S voucher. I have no problem with that; my pension provider is one of the few companies I do want to hear from. I went on its website, did as requested, printed off the voucher and this afternoon trotted down to spend it roughly about the time the yellow sticker bargains were being reduced at M&S!

While I didn't find any end of day bargains, I did spot the £10 Dine-in deal. I didn't realise that in addition to a main course, side dish and dessert, it also comes with a free bottle of wine. Once you add a £5 gift voucher towards the cost, that's a good deal for £5. So this evening we had a medium roast chicken with minted new potatoes and a chocolate Swiss roll for dessert, washed down with red wine. I roasted a few carrots to go with it. I'm gluten-free so gave the Swiss roll a miss in favour of some ice-cream from the freezer. There's enough leftover for chicken rolls for lunch tomorrow, more Swiss roll for after dinner and of course the obligatory stock from the bones. Quite whether there will be enough wine to last another day is another story!

My next post will be the big reveal of the bathroom upstairs, which has been spring-cleaned and the new floor laid (probably building that up a bit there, it's nothing special honestly but as I did it myself I am very proud!). After that cleaning will be temporarily on hold as apparently the UK is about to have good weather - for a Bank Holiday weekend that is almost unheard of - so I'm outside to tidy up the garden's borders and stretch out on the patio to enjoy a very rare bit of UK sunshine.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Read my old blog